Yesterday we had a great webinar featuring a tool that libraries can use to enrich digital literacy skills in their community: Techboomers.com. Founder Steve Black shared with us an overview of the site, their plans for future course development, and some ways that libraries can use the free content to enhance existing courses for the public and/or develop new ones.Watch the Archive Now!
October 16, 2015 | Comments Off on Webinar Archive: Techboomers.com
Author:Julia HuprichJulia Huprich joined the Georgia Public Library Service in March 2015 as the director of Training and Continuing Education. Prior to becoming a part of the GPLS team, she served as the head of digital services and communications at the Cobb County Public Library System, where she built websites, bought eBooks, wrote press releases, developed tech exploration programs for the public, and drove her coworkers bananas with her unbridled enthusiasm. When she’s not at work, you can find her running marathons until her feet bleed and developing software as part of her second masters degree program. Since she never sleeps, you can also find her blogging, sometimes, at www.juliachuprich.com and tweeting, sometimes, @juliahuprich.
- Introducing… the Learning Center! July 5, 2016
- Earning GPLS-Sponsored CEUs March 3, 2016
- MORE Great Web Tools and Apps for Student Engagement February 16, 2016
- STEM and STEAM! Oh My! – A GaCOMO Recap from Ashley Pearson December 22, 2015
- A GaCOMO Recap from Sarah Edmonds December 15, 2015
- A Love/Hate Relationship with Webinars November 2, 2014
- Let’s Do This, 2015! December 1, 2014
- Three Reasons You Should Be Learning With Lynda November 17, 2014
- Letting Your Library Speak for You (Part 1) January 16, 2015
- Start Unifying Your Libraries Look and Feel January 2, 2015
- Devera Chandler: I have to admit that I am a library creeper, lol.Y...
- Lisa Block: Lots of great ideas! I especially like the re-crea...
- Julia Huprich: Great post! I love branding and you've hit on some...
- Sindee: Great resource for GA library staff. Wondering abo...
- Carson Block: As Adam Savage says on Mythbusters: "Failure is a...
brand Chattahoochee Valley Libraries cheryl turner computer conferences continuing education copyright creative commons customer service data eBook elearning events feature featured free glean goals guest hack leadership learning libraries library library life lynda.com mack freeman maker marketing mobile open access outreach P-12 P-12 Schools professional development programming Project Management robin fay statistics STEAM STEM technology training wearables webinar