Author:Mary Clarendon InmanMary Clarendon (or MC as she is more commonly known because her name is too long to be shouted easily) has been a professional librarian since 2005. After receiving her MLIS from Louisiana State University (LSU) in 2004, she and her husband moved to Atlanta (ironically to Inman Park where they were quickly reassured they were no relation and they did not, in fact, “own the park”) where she began making the horrendous commute to the Gwinnett County Public Library System. After two years of fighting traffic, MC made the move to the Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System to serve as a Young Adult / Reference Librarian at the Buckhead Branch and also as the AFPLS Social Media go-to gal. Sadly the traffic was still just as horrendous. In 2012 she was moved to the Hapeville Branch as the Children’s Librarian / Assistant Manager where she currently serves. Traffic was greatly improved. As she continues to fight the good fight on a daily basis, she also patiently awaits her big break on Broadway in a Tony-award winning musical, or a Library Manager position, whichever comes first. She’ll keep you posted.
Leave a Reply
- How Do We Turn All Library Lovers Into Library Users? February 27, 2015
- Building a Personal Learning Network – 10 resources to add to your professional development toolbox February 26, 2015
- Letting Your Library Speak for You – Part 2 February 20, 2015
- In the Eyes of the Children… February 18, 2015
- Is it a Library if it has no books? February 16, 2015
- A Love/Hate Relationship with Webinars November 2, 2014
- Let’s Do This, 2015! December 1, 2014
- Start Unifying Your Libraries Look and Feel January 2, 2015
- Three Reasons You Should Be Learning With Lynda November 17, 2014
- Remember Why We Love Libraries January 30, 2015
- Lisa Block: I'd actually never heard of the Florida Polytechni...
- Devera Chandler: I have to admit that I am a library creeper, lol.Y...
- Lisa Block: Lots of great ideas! I especially like the re-crea...
- Julia Huprich: Great post! I love branding and you've hit on some...
- Sindee: Great resource for GA library staff. Wondering abo...
brand Chattahoochee Valley Libraries cheryl turner chrome box computer conferences continuing education copyright creative commons customer service data development elearning feature free glean goals google guest hack knowledge leadership learning libraries library library life lynda.com mack freeman maker marketing mobile open access P-12 Schools professional development research robin fay search statistics STEAM STEM technology training troubleshooting virtual browsing webinar