Author:Mary Clarendon InmanMary Clarendon (or MC as she is more commonly known because her name is too long to be shouted easily) has been a professional librarian since 2005. After receiving her MLIS from Louisiana State University (LSU) in 2004, she and her husband moved to Atlanta (ironically to Inman Park where they were quickly reassured they were no relation and they did not, in fact, “own the park”) where she began making the horrendous commute to the Gwinnett County Public Library System. After two years of fighting traffic, MC made the move to the Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System to serve as a Young Adult / Reference Librarian at the Buckhead Branch and also as the AFPLS Social Media go-to gal. Sadly the traffic was still just as horrendous. In 2012 she was moved to the Hapeville Branch as the Children’s Librarian / Assistant Manager where she currently serves. Traffic was greatly improved. As she continues to fight the good fight on a daily basis, she also patiently awaits her big break on Broadway in a Tony-award winning musical, or a Library Manager position, whichever comes first. She’ll keep you posted.
Leave a Reply
- In Your Dreams April 17, 2015
- What Makes a Super Hero? April 15, 2015
- On the Radio and Other Audio April 8, 2015
- The Expanding World of 3-D Printing April 4, 2015
- The Incredible Fullness of Library Holidays April 3, 2015
- A Love/Hate Relationship with Webinars November 2, 2014
- Start Unifying Your Libraries Look and Feel January 2, 2015
- Let’s Do This, 2015! December 1, 2014
- Three Reasons You Should Be Learning With Lynda November 17, 2014
- Why Libraries Are Punk Rock January 7, 2015
- Roy Cummings: Great post. I recently had to remind our staff not...
- Lisa Block: I'd actually never heard of the Florida Polytechni...
- Devera Chandler: I have to admit that I am a library creeper, lol.Y...
- Lisa Block: Lots of great ideas! I especially like the re-crea...
- Julia Huprich: Great post! I love branding and you've hit on some...
brand Chattahoochee Valley Libraries cheryl turner chrome box computer conferences continuing education copyright creative commons customer service data development elearning feature free glean goals google guest hack leadership learning libraries library library life lynda.com mack freeman maker marketing mobile open access P-12 Schools professional development programming research robin fay search statistics STEAM STEM technology training troubleshooting virtual browsing webinar