Author:Mary Clarendon InmanMary Clarendon (or MC as she is more commonly known because her name is too long to be shouted easily) has been a professional librarian since 2005. After receiving her MLIS from Louisiana State University (LSU) in 2004, she and her husband moved to Atlanta (ironically to Inman Park where they were quickly reassured they were no relation and they did not, in fact, “own the park”) where she began making the horrendous commute to the Gwinnett County Public Library System. After two years of fighting traffic, MC made the move to the Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System to serve as a Young Adult / Reference Librarian at the Buckhead Branch and also as the AFPLS Social Media go-to gal. Sadly the traffic was still just as horrendous. In 2012 she was moved to the Hapeville Branch as the Children’s Librarian / Assistant Manager where she currently serves. Traffic was greatly improved. As she continues to fight the good fight on a daily basis, she also patiently awaits her big break on Broadway in a Tony-award winning musical, or a Library Manager position, whichever comes first. She’ll keep you posted.
Leave a Reply
Need access to Lynda.com?
- The More Things Change… August 12, 2015
- Managing Library Traffic July 29, 2015
- The Surprising Delight of a Project Management Workshop July 22, 2015
- The High School Library: Portal for STEM Programs Through ROV Support July 14, 2015
- Don’t Get Caught Unawares: Planning a Marketing Calendar July 8, 2015
- A Love/Hate Relationship with Webinars November 2, 2014
- Start Unifying Your Libraries Look and Feel January 2, 2015
- Consider the Lobster (well, the Audience): Targeting Your Collateral May 8, 2015
- Let’s Do This, 2015! December 1, 2014
- Can Librarians Crack the Code? June 26, 2015
- Lisa Block: I hadn't heard of Treehouse before. And yes, Lynda...
- Lisa Block: Thanks, Julia!...
- Julia Huprich: It's the little things in life that really matter....
- Julia Huprich: Stack Overflow is one of my favorite sites - it to...
- Kara Martina: You describe my ebook dilemma perfectly. I am also...
brand Chattahoochee Valley Libraries cheryl turner computer conferences continuing education copyright creative commons customer service data eBook elearning events feature free glean goals google guest hack leadership learning libraries library library life lynda.com mack freeman maker marketing mobile open access outreach P-12 P-12 Schools professional development programming Project Management robin fay statistics STEAM STEM technology training wearables webinar