- Computer Basics: lynda.com custom playlist (9 hours, 44 minutes; 4 separate courses)
- Included on this list: Computer Literacy for Windows, Computer Security and Internet Safety Fundamentals, Up and Running with the Chrome Browser, Up and Running with Internet Explorer)
- The Georgia Public Library Service provides access to lynda.com for public library staff in Georgia. Request an account here.
- Computer Basics Tutorial: GCFLearnfree.org
This is one of the most popular tutorials on GCFLearnfree.org, which is a platform designed and supported by the Goodwill Community Foundation. Are you new to using computers? Do you wonder what people mean when they say the cloud, Windows, ISP, or app? Perhaps you just want to know more about how computers work. When it comes to learning today’s technology, our Computer Basics tutorial has all of the basic concepts covered.
- Internet 101 Courses: Techboomers.com
Techboomers.com is a free educational website that teaches older adults and other inexperienced Internet users with basic computer skills about websites that can help improve their quality of life. Their tutorials can be used by anyone – no matter what their age – but was designed to help the founder’s parents navigate the ever-expanding World Wide Web.
What are your favorite go-to tools for helping staff? Share in the comments!